Friday, January 24, 2014

Happy Day!

Hi everyone,
I am in the midst of taking an online stencil course from Online Card Classes. I am already learning so much and I loved the first lesson which was sponging and misting. Now, I have two cards for you, I really wanted to do a third card which I will end up doing tonight but probably won't post until tomorrow. The first card uses sponging. I just used Stampin' Up ink because I don't have very many Distress inks yet. I modeled it after the sample that was done in the class.
I did some embossing which I hardly ever do anymore mainly because my husband is usually asleep when I am crafting and the heat tool might wake him up. I also used some sequins which are so fun. I want some more!

My next card uses spray mists. Now there are tons on the market, Dylusions, Heidi Swap, October Afternoon, Tattered Angels just to name a few. I used Tattered Angels because I like the shimmer in it. My stencil for this card is from MFT.

I used my brand new Cricut cartridge Small Frames and Tags. Now that is a fabulous cartridge and if you like the faddish pocket style albums or smash book style scrapbooks this cartridge is great but it also has tons of wonderful sayings and words like this one! I added some stars (wish I had sequins!) and used my Wink of Stella clear marker on it so it has some shimmer to it and then some twine and I just love how it came out. Plus I loved using my spray mist which I rarely use!

Thanks so much for visiting today!



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

scootingranny said...

When I went to CHA I noticed that stencils are big so I appreciate your showing us more on how to use them. Great cards. And now you made me put the Small Tags cartridge on my wish list!